|Starting Point:|| |
|This quest or instance is repeatable.|
|The cooldown is 23 hours.|
Ghost Palace is one of the Instances that was introduced with the Heroes' Trails patch. It follows the tragic story of Sakray, from the original Ragnarok graphic novel, as he descends from being a faithful royal guard to becoming a cursed swordsman.
Talk to the Instance Manager in any town to generate and enter the instance. You have 1 hour to complete this instance. If you happen to log out, teleport out, or die in the instance, you will not be able to re-enter.
Preparation: Bring a Token of Siegfried in case you die in the middle of running the instance. Also be prepared to fight a Ghost 3 element monster (Flaming Skull in Floor 2)
- You arrive at the throne room of a palace. Talk to the King to witness Sakray's appointment as the bodyguard of Princess Tiara for her marriage with a Prince.
- When the dialogue finishes, several and will appear. Exterminate them and collect the gray shards. (Use @autoloot for convenience.) A portal will appear, leading towards the 2nd floor.
- You see Sakray meeting with Princess Tiara in her room to the east. Talk to Princess Tiara to listen to their conversation.
- When the scene ends, several , , and spawn. The portal to the 3rd floor opens when all of the mobs are killed.
- You enter a prison area where Sakray is restrained and interrogated. Talk to the King to watch the scene play out. When the dialogue ends, you will see Sakray talking to an invisible Cursed Spirit of Thanatos.
- As the conversation ends, several , , and appear. After killing a few of them, the 4th floor portal will spawn, followed by a larger swarm of mobs. It is advisable to kill every mob in this floor before entering the portal, to get more Gray Shards
- You return to the Throne room with several and . Kill all of them to advance.
- Several dead bodies will appear all over the floor, including the dead King. Sakray is seen confronting the Prince. Talk to the Prince to witness his reveal.
- When the scene ends, the Prince transforms into a . Defeat him and the portal to the last floor will appear.
- You return to the jail scene where Sakray goes to see the dying Princess. Talk to Princess Tiara to see what happens.
- A wave of , , and will appear. Kill all of them.
- The Torturous Redeemer reappears, but is quickly vanquished by the now-corrupted Sakray. Speak with him to listen to what he has to say.
- The exit portal spawns to the south east. The King is standing next to it. Talk to him to exchange your Gray Shards for Thanatos Weapons or Gray Equipment.
- When you leave through the portal, a short message appears, and you will be rewarded with 2 Gray Shards and some EXP.
The Thanatos Weapons are magical weapons sculpted out of Gray Shard to counteract the power of the Devil Sword Thanatos. You can craft these weapons out of 200at the King NPC before you exit the instance.
All of these weapons give INT +6, VIT +6, and LUK -6. They also give a low chance of regaining HP and SP from 5% of your damage dealt while you are Physically attacking (Magically for Thanatos Staff and Two-Handed Staff); consume 100 HP per 10 seconds; and consume 1000 HP when unequipped.
Gray Equipment Set
The Gray Equipment Set is a set of armors, boots, cloak, helmet, and shield, sculpted out of Gray Shard and infused with Sakray's Abandoned Memories. They have a special ability of resisting the Holy element. You can craft these equipment out of 100at the King NPC before you exit the instance.