Sign in to follow this  
Elektro

New Years Contest 2020/2021

New Years Contest:

The year 2020 has been quite a rollercoaster. However, we should look forward to 2021 with a positive attitude! Despite the quarantines and lockdowns this year, we can always find a way to share moments with the people we care about. Why not share with us your wholesome way of leaving 2020 for 2021!

We’re happy to read stories about your favourite activities or food/drinks for New Year. Bonus points if you include the following!

Pictures

Videos

Cultural appreciation

The more you do, the more you get!  A Win-Win for everyone!

Conditions:

State your In Game Name, Realm and Title of your submission. (Follow the below example)

You can only submit one entry, you can change it until the deadline and edit the screenshot you have already posted.

Be unique and have your own life stories, don't copy and re-edit after seeing other posts here. You will be disqualified.

Try to capture a flattering picture if you can!

Totally fine with blurring out pictures of people’s faces for privacy

Example of submitting:

In Game Name: Elek

Realm: Helheim

Title: Firework go boom

Spoiler

I pretty much spent time with my family via a discord video call.

New years supper online. Few hours break and then back to the video call before New years eve. Barely any fireworks, but that's to expected, thanks to lockdown.

But hey, that means it was a rather calm night for once! Less action.

Rewards:

Winner:

200 Moon coins

200 Event coins (+50 Event coins for each additional detail you include)
One of the chosen Costumes: Alpaca Hood (20070), Twinkle Star (19777) or Red Vane Hairpin (19804)

Participants 

Costume Party Hat (20184)

https://www.divine-pride.net/database/item/20184/costume-party-hat

50 Event coins

Note: Feel free to react to the one/s you like.

The Staff members are not allowed to be winner of the event. They are however allowed to submit their Story/etc for the event and are eligible for the participation reward ONLY.

You can keep the typos. If you find any. More editing to come. zzz

• Like 1

Attached is my submission. Thank you! @Elektro

In Game Name: Pankie

Title: Leave me Alone 2020, Please!

In Game Name.pdf

Edited by fam
  • Like 1

Since there are still restrictions here in my country, I've been spending most of my time indoors working and playing when I can, and this year I made and geared other characters other than genetic for the first time in a while.

Attached is my submission and how I actually feel about other classes as a genetic main, Thanks :)

In game name: Lizard
Realm: Niflheim
Title: I know other classes are better™

brr.png

• Like 2

In Game Name: Yamete Kudasai
Title: 2020, A Year of Great Discoveries and Bright Future For All of US!

The 2020 Roller Coaster!

1st Birthday of My Beloved Son

Matched with a Level 10,000+ Battle Pass Player on Dota 2!

Covid! Covid Covid!

Ragnarok Origin is finally here!!!! 

Shining Moon! Finally, found the home I'm looking! 

MY2020.jpg

• Like 2

In Game Name: Onii-sama
Realm: Niflheim
Title: "Tank and smile, boys. Tank and smile." - Some Royal Guard probably

The global pandemic is but a mere unfair mechanic we face along the way. Our buffs dispelled, gears probably broken, maybe the lag helped with kicking our collective asses too, but we stand tall regardless. Or sit down and chill, that's fine too. We hold hands and face the future together... mentally, because social distancing, and make the best of the situation.

For it is in suffering that we find joy, through the darkness we see the light, through the void we see substance and maybe, just maybe, we're all just a little bit masochistic inside.

Onwards to a new year! We welcome 2020 season 2 with a smug on our face despite the teary eyes and shakey legs. Let's go and hope that this post is still valid because I don't know when the deadline was supposed to be!

2020_in_a_nutshell.png

• Like 2

In Game Name: Roam
Title: Weird to say the least

Technically spent New Year alone because I don't have parents anymore and my boyfriend is overseas and international flight restrictions are still a thing thanks to Covid. However 2020 did leave some good points.

1. Was able to seek help for my depression over the loss of my entire family with the help of professionals, and the support of my current partner and friends - this also let me start over a "new leaf" so to say.

2. Somehow got a new, decent job mid pandemic and made new friends/coworkers who I genuinely enjoy talking to. Never had that happen in my past jobs :/

3. Got back into illustrating as a side hustle (mostly nsfw so I can't post examples lol)

4. Reduced my relatively unhealthy vices, particularly drinking and smoking

5. PCR tested twice this year and Covid free both times

I might have not celebrated with my already deceased family but at least I got to spend it with my partner's family, and that was a new experience as well. Never got to a point where I would meet "the parents". New Year illustration for bonus.

Spoiler

aany.png

Didn't have anything special or in particular to eat or drink during the end of 2020 since my wisdom tooth was annoying me for a while, but I would still like to share one of my favourite dish. Its called Soto Betawi (top left), with a side of rice, emping crackers (they're bitter but go well with other rich flavours) and grilled goat skewers/satay. Its a pretty local dish where I am, and I can't get enough of the warm coconut milk broth that complements the tender beef and cow innards that go with it. Enjoy!

Spoiler

20180902_134021.jpg

Edited by Little
  • Like 2

In Game Name: Illuminus
Title:  A year of lessons

2020 was a very hard year in all aspects, anyway i learn something that my grandma and mother tell me every time and is the most important is be healthy and thats right. In Mexico family is the most important, and regardless of distance and the rule of stay home we are aware of us, since our family in mexico to our family in UE and Germany. Every new year our family get together to talk and celebrate with a lot of food, music, drinks and funny games, this year we didnt that, we decided to lose our family reunion than to lose a family member. Unfotunately we lost 2 members of our big family and yes was very sad, but anyway we still here, we still together and we still have hope.

This pic was of our familiar meeting in 2019-2020, we ate a lot including the delicious Mole of my aunt that dedicates to make banquet food uwu

Spoiler

137038097_404867554051971_9141520352549718979_n.thumb.jpg.bd9b1a1ed91e92686b3a13e66c06de41.jpg

I want to say thanks to SMRO and SMRO STAFF to help us endure this situacion, and thanks to CROWDS, FC, Royal Flush and all community for gave me funny moment.... aaa and ERUDY! Thx 

• Like 1

In Game Name: Gojou Satoru

Title: A Unique New year.

so 2020 is pretty annoying to me and to all of us XD.

i live in Indonesia, and the government prevents us from having a new year party, so we just stay at home, its a pretty different one for me and my fam, cus usually we go out, have dinner and maybe watch some fireworks, then after that ill go out with my friends.

well this new year hits different, we bonded even closer (my fam), we play fireworks together, laughed together, which isn't that often in my household, then we watch movies together, then we walk around my housing area, the point is we have fun and spent time together instead of being busy with our daily lives.

• Like 1

In Game Name: Fun Matter

Title: a Year that make me grow.

2020 is up and down year for me, looking it back with smile make me feel relief that i still doing good. 

Wish everyone have no regret about 2020 and great start for 2021~

• Like 1

In Game Name: Yoka Mii

Title: Bubble Year

Almost every person had to spend special occasions with just a few family members as opposed to the usual whole clan or family tree. This year marked a turn for our family as most of my siblings have migrated and our only means to celebrate is through Zoom/Messenger.

I've always loved Pecan Pie but this is the first time we made one and it was a success! Just bit expensive but its the holidays anyway. 144198453_746444532639388_4664131632624504294_n.thumb.jpg.8661d84d58ff3044737af9eab41cabb2.jpg

In another photo you see is called 'Lechon' or Roasted Pig.

143410137_430157244890863_6021228710054273117_n.thumb.jpg.02c54e1da12d25df65bbf3e44db9678a.jpg

We used to order a whole pig for the family but now, we can't even finish 1kilo for ourselves but that is oh so good! Crisp skin, flavorful meat and just sinful. Fireworks are actually banned already but people are hard headed so there is still a lot, fortunate to have seen a few rounds you'll see in the video. video-1611977560.mp4

Simple, with a few and special. Hoping for a better year ahead! Cheers 2021 :x

144389307_1415521428796129_6642079122526966103_n.thumb.jpg.983e5b3198dd330d4b470197f142bb74.jpg

Now that January is over, I will be closing this event!
The winner will be announced at a later date!

Thank you for joining and sharing your stories!

After long debating and delaying it (Work is tough irl).... we have decided the winner... to be honest, winners.

We decided to give each server a winner!

For Helheim... the winner is Yoka Mii!
For Niflheim... the winner Onii-sama!

Since I am the one handling this, I would ask the winners to message me on the FORUM and not discord.
Rewards... will come at some point, RL is exhausting. Sorry!

As a compensation, everyone will have their participation reward increased from 50 Event coins to 100 Event coins!

I apologize for the delay!