Sign in to follow this  
Lunar

Instance, Instance, Instance - WAIT

Remove all Instance Cooldowns and future ones?  

75 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How do you feel about cooldowns?

• Cooldowns are useful. I like to be able to only do a instance once a day or once every 3 days.
    • Cooldowns are nonsense. They don't prevent anyone from doing multiple instances, all they do is basically make you store your items and swap to another character.
    • I honestly don't care, I want a coke.

Do you like cooldowns?
Cooldowns are nice and all, in officials they make sense - you don't have 50 different characters that you'd level up in less than 30 minutes.

Cooldowns only benefit those that have multiple characters, but what if you remove it just alltogether?
You can play as much as you want without constantly having to make another rebel to play a certain instance.

Casted my vote, can I still have my coke now? (I know what you trying to say, but I'd still like to have CDs. So let people who make multiple characters do that, like they say.. effort pays of right?)

Edited by Saeko

Theres no real difference in it having a cooldown and it not having one. Just because it has no cooldown doesn't mean you have to run several instances, its a choice not a force.

And since all our instance currencies are tradeable it has no impact on cost of items either. Since someone that had 50 rebels ran it 50 times and selling all would just mean he does the same 50x with his main.

Cooldowns are good, but I feel like 1 day is a lot better than 3~7 days. I voted on Cooldowns being good. - I just imagine people running HTF for like 8 hours straight and inflating prices forever without cooldowns.

Edited by Sendaiko
  • Like 1

While for some instances (HTF, IS, ET, EC, Saraj) this wouldnt impact much (people already spam those instances on many char specially close to ECA days)

But for FoGH, since the instance cant be done as easily with  level 120 Rebels, the price of FoGH materials would tank

You know, people on this server get new gears and stuff faster than ever since requirements are all reduced and has a ton of drop boost buffs and event.

Removing cooldown will only do people getting stuff faster and bothering for new updates.

Also, that's not so Authentic KRO Experience

And that's why i want a coke.

You do realize there are people with more than 50 chars right?

I know some having over 40 1x chars.

Are we talking about all instances including the ones that are upcoming? I think cooldowns on lower level or rather older instances could be removed but afaik Glast heim challenge mode will have a 3 day lockout, and if that get's removed the market will be flooded with the new stuff so fast because if you are ubergeared. Also I think this would made new content cleared way faster than it already is and gives people less to do. And for me personally, having some stuff to do on a daily basis gives me a reason to play. If I can farm everything in two weeks I don't have anything to do until the next update hits. Reducing cooldown as a catchup mechanic seems fine for newer players/alts, but for "current content" it should be locked I think. And maybe I am wrong, but people who have a bunch of toons are usually the minority. 

If cooldown should be removed please make the rewards for it account or character bound. So people have their own feeling of progressing their alt instead of farming HTF all day and just buy everything.

Edited by hargstar

Imagine not having to alternate and running IS seamlessly, holy! Imma get rich and hand out inf. phreeoni to all my friends and family :)

I personally think that removing cooldowns will just break the economy as it is. People are already struggling to buy/sell goods right now.

There's no need to remove cooldowns when there are other things to do during those downtime periods. The game shouldn't end up being a botting simulation.

• Like 1

i like the idea, but note that if you had to make several characters they would not have the 50% droprate from the 1x lvling for instance drops like MVP cards or sky fortress dops, so that is the only difference from having a single character be able to run instances forever on paper would make.

but also know that ppl are actually lazy so if you make instances have no CD a pt would be able to run a single instance several times instead of the current system with CD where my guild run several quick instances to get some IP and otherwordly fragments and stop once we run out of quick instances.

even i myself run only 4 chars for instances bcz trading gear is a pain in the ass, if you remove the CD some ppl would run a lot more of the good instances for Money and drops.

If you think that is good then this is what this change would achieve, since i am still a casual player i am not aware of everything that would change with that big of a change of in game mechanics, my opnion is that this would be giving players a way to farm instance gears and zeny

Edited by [email protected]

They might have the 40 chars, but making them take effort anyway and it is repayed, if you remove cd's you will only take effort out of the equation, and that's like rewarding lazy ppl and punishing hard working ppl.

Edited by Bloody Wolf
Misspell
  • Like 2

imo, anyone that has the effort to make 50x rebels probably deserves the money they get from all the instance runs they do. 

For me and a lot of us casual players, having to make more than 3 or 4 characters is a hefty requirement that gatekeeps us from doing that. There's always going to be people that tries to exploit loopholes given in a system, but I feel that cooldown instances are there to stop a lot of us from doing such a thing because of the massive requirement being able to hugely profit from it. 

Therefore, I'm voting on cooldown instance. Let the exploiters exploit and burn themselves out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bloody Wolf said:

They might have the 40 chars, but making the take effort anyway and it is repayed, if you remove cd's you will only take effort out of the equation, and that's like rewarding lazy ppl and punishing hard working ppl.

Finally someone who gets it..

For those that have 40 1x chars, good for them, they can do 40 times instances in a day. They earned it.
Zero cooldown will make everything saturated, with not enough demand.
I don't see a reason why I should make multiple 1x if I can just use a geared to the teeth character for every instances, and if I'm not making 1x chars that is one less thing to do in SM. 

• Like 1

I mean, new players always ask where to farm zeny, and more often than not people respond with HTF. However, I don't think we should remove the CDs - if they only slave away at the same instance for hours on end day after day, that'd be a source of burnout and players quitting real quick. But if they'd be that devoted to instance farming for zenies anyway, then they'd be devoted to making multiple characters for it too.

I'm ok with them but I hate it when I want to collect fragments. That's why I left the server last time. xD

Cooldowns are there for moderation. Let's be honest, if the cooldowns are removed, we are all going to do instances until we are all burnt out, and we will all hate playing lol. 
Too much of a good thing is never good. 

Humans by nature loves to push the limit, laws are there to keep us in check.

• Like 1

let's not incentivize non-stop grinding. We already have a problem with endgame content and you want people to get their gears easier while also making alt character worth less than they are?

smRO is great, instance cooldowns are good. People login everyday just for instances. But if you remove cooldown, that'll be one less motive to login everyday just for instances. Just my opinion tho.

Alright, well. Your voices were heard and understood. There are more people against it than for it. People may have voted for a Coke but still speak against it.

Everyone complaints about cooldowns but they like it, alright.

There will be no change to instance cooldowns whatsoever.