AIMER

(Helheim) Ranger Gear Guide [AIMED BOLT]

5/19/2020: No more hiatus but big overhaul to this guide. It's a bit too much work and don't feel like dropping the zeny to test out progression at different levels.

Table Of Contents

• 1 Prologue
  • 2 IMPORTANT NOTES
  • 3 Progression
  • 4 Getting to End Game
  • 5 DAMAGE REFERENCES

1 Prologue

You might be asking, "Why Ranger?" Let me tell you what Rangers are still good at. Rangers are the absolute king of being brain dead. I can't fathom how anyone could fuck this up.

No more talking about Sharp Shooting, only AIMED BOLT BABY.

I am also very conservative on how I play. I do NOT min max if it hurts quality of life gameplay.

TL;DR Is Aimed Bolt worth all the trouble in the current 17.2 Meta? Probably not, especially if you don't commit to endgame. I would say it is A rank along with Sura for Long Range DPS. With SS being GX and S being RK.

2 IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ENDGAMES

• This build is really meh until you can use the Ranger 2 Garment Costume stone (30% dmg) or grind the Automatic A Armour with Aimed Modules because Aimed Bolt has a dumb 1 second Fixed Cast Time.
  • Note: Automatic Armour with Aimed Modules gives a shit ton of damage to Aimed Bolt so it feels really good. Bless 17.2
    • Ignis Cap + Illusion Boots with FCT Stone + Foxtail (OK)
    • Ignis Cap + Automatic Illusion Boot with FCT Stone (BETTER)
    • FFH(+14) + Temp Dex  + Foxtail (Really Good, this is what I am using because FUCK RNG)
    • FFH(+15) + Temp Dex (Best)
    • If you aren't using foxtail, then use Spiked Scarf in its place UNLESS you really need the 1 ASPD from Delicious Lolipop

• Patent Scarlet Dragon Leather Bow VS Edda Bio Lab Aiming Bow with EA3 and Enchant both +12. 
    • I haven't gotten to testing it just yet.
    • I would actually say that Aiming Bow is better if you want to hit your After Cast Delay easier. 
    • Patent Scarlet Dragon leather Bow is probably way better with 20 w/e race/type you want to kill /20 Boss enchant and is cheaper honestly.

• PING = sub 50 ms? NO? OK your ASPD stays at 191~193 and your After Cast Delay (ACD) stays at 80%
    • I promise you won't feel a difference because your ping and my ping BLOW, but if you really want to then yes 193 ASPD and 86% ACD will do higher DPS over time.
      • KEY WORDs: "over time" You name something that last more than a few seconds on Ragnarok LMAO. Pop your UNLIMINT and tell that MVP/Hell Difficulty to go suck one.
    • I promise no content on SMRO needs/require you to min-max your ACD

• RIGHT NOW? PROs/CONs
    • Yeah we're cheaper than RK and GX. 
    • Yeah it's actually pretty easy to get into parties. You carry at MVP instances if everyone is being lazy, and you pick off griefs/offscreen stuff that might pester your party in Fortessa Pit.
    • Yeah, you can farm in Fortessa Dungeon solo. You pretty much max screen range anything.
    • No, you do not live. Keep your distance, you will get one shot. Squishiest piece of crap in the game to be honest.
    • No, you don't handle swarms of mobs, this isn't sharp shooting.

3 Progression 

Spoiler
  • Starting out:
    • Focus on leveling up, If you aren't 130+, just LEVEL UP.
    • Farm Thanatos Floor 9+ (@warp tha_t09 ~ tha_t12), autoloot all cards and etcs (@aloottype + 6, 3, 2)
    • Sell Loot until you have 10m.

• Early Game 1 (100+)  :  Sharp Shoot 
    • Do not progress any further than this point unless level 150! JUST LEVEL UP PLEASE.
    • Buy 80 Unknown Parts (@ws 25669)
    • Buy 60 Cor Core (@ws 25723)
    • Go to @go Exchange, find Grace Exchange NPC, and buy
      • Grace Sharp Suit
      • Grace Attack boots
      • Grace Attack Manteau
      • Grace Attack Ring
      • 3 Grace Refine Ticket
    • Bow Choices
      • Vicious Bow
      • Thanatos Bow

• Early Game 2 : Level 150+ Aimed Bolt 
    • Buy 20 Unknown Parts (@ws 6919)
    • Buy 20 Cor Core (@ws 25723)
    • Buy Fixed Cast Stone(@ws 25067) (Cost: 100m Range)
      • Socket into your free Antonio Garment Costume for NEW players.
    • Go to @go Exchange, find Grace Exchange NPC, and buy
      • Grace Aimed Suit
      • 1 Grace Refine Ticket
    • Bow Choices
      • Scarlet Leather Bow + 12 (You need the refine to reduce the 1 second CD on Aimed Bolt, DONT PROCEED UNTIL YOU HAVE THIS DAMN BOW)

• Mid Game : Level 175+ Aimed Bolt (Estimated 500M Zeny Cost)
    • At this point work on getting these gears. 
      • Illusion Booster L and Illusion Booster R (@go Exchange Illusion OS NPC)
        • Enchant BOTH with Attack Speed and Expert Archer 
        • (@ws 25681) (@ws 25683)
      • Illusion Armor A + 12
        • 2x Power Enchant (@ws 25687), 1x After Cast Delay Enchant (15% ACD) (@ws 25693)
      • Illusion Leg A + 9
        • Enchant with FCT and Firing Shot
        • (@ws 25702) (@ws 25694)
      • Temporal STR Mant +12
        • 15% ACD Enchant
      • Ignis Hat + 12 (Instance Point NPC)
      • Sunwave Glasses (10% ACD)
      • Reload Shadow Armour +9 (3% ACD)
      • Ranger Shadow Shield + 9 
      • Reload Shadow Shoes +9 (3%ACD)
      • Scarlet Dragon Leather Bow + 12 (16% ACD)
      • Aimed Shadow Set +9
      • Ranger Shadow Shield +9
      • Ranger 2 Costume Stone + Ranger 2 Upper Lower Mid Costume Stones
    • CARDS
      • ACCESSORY
        • Faceworm + Dark Face Worm Card (6% ACD)
      • WEAPON 
        • Resentful Archer Skeleton (Cheap all content option, if you're hurting on Zeny)
        • 2x Abysmal Knight (Cheap option for all content that is bossing, I would prioritize this because you'll be farming Fortessa Dungeon 1)
        • Santa Poring + Black Acidus for Fortessa Pit 1 Parties 
        • 2x Contaminated Wanderer for general MVPing
      • HEADGEAR
        • Purple Ferus in +12 HG
        • Furious Hero in Sunwave Glasses

Sadly, you only end up with 68% ACD. It's really tough fitting in enough ACD without Kiel. You'll honestly get by just fine but your DPS over time will blow compared to getting around 80% ACD.

If you opt for Reload Shield +9, you'll lose the defense piercing but have around 77~80 ACD.

You should be all set to farm Fortessa Dungeon 1 without too much trouble solo.

You're farming for Shadow Enchant Boxes and Ancient Hero Gear to exchange to Greater Hero Enchants.

4 Getting to Endgame

Spoiler

Priority 1:

You NEED to farm 900x Varmeal Tickets from the 17.2 Instances/Daily Quests to get Automatic Armor A. Then you NEED 2x Aimed Modules and 1x After Cast Delay Module.

This is a huge grind or a huge zeny sink as of May 2020. Please ask here or ask on discord on how to efficiently grind this out.

Priority 2:

Get 5% Long Range Damage on ALL ENCHANT-ABLE Shadow Accessories. No Joke this is a ridiculous DPS increase.

Priority 3:

At this point, I need to start discussing the 1 second fixed cast time of Aimed Bolt. So far you've been using

Ignis Cap +12 and Illusion Leg A with a FCT stone. At some point you need to push towards getting a Fancy feather hat to at least +14 so that you can wear,

Temporal Dex Boots (Bear Power or the Hawk Eye, whatever you prefer) + King Schmidt's (ATK or Long Range Dmg) Insignia (Strong Enchant/Thousand Bow Enchant). 

• The LR% Dmg Insignia is a little better and the Thousand Bow Enchant is higher DPS if the proc goes off. 

I currently use Fancy Feather Hat + 14, Foxtail, and Temporal Dex Boots to reduce by Fixed Cast time by 1 second.

Priority 4:

Automatic Accessory L. 1500 Tickets, I haven't done this yet. I see about a 10% increase to our damage.

Once you have all this.

You should expect to hit around 400~450k per line on dummies with Aimed Bolt. Your ACD will sit around ~70% without Reload Shield or ~80 with reload shield.

5 Damage References

Refer to IMGUR Links for some Damage Pics

https://imgur.com/a/4u0xVt2 (Mid Game Gear)

https://imgur.com/a/Zz3kB6l (Improvements to Mid Game Gear)

https://imgur.com/a/2q08Afl (Automatic A Armour with Aimed Modules!, you will do less damage than me because you will be using After Cast Delay Module and not Ranged Force)

https://imgur.com/a/99mkDkh (People Who Have a Kiel see this, otherwise without a Kiel, probably like 400K per line due trying to fit in ACD on gear)

Edited by AIMER
  • Like 1

Great Guide!!! I Loved it!

PS: Don't you think that An +12 Old Camuflage Rabbit Hood enchanted with Magic Essence lv 4 or 5 would be much more efficient than having a +14 FFH? Cause getting a +14 Gear is really expensive.

Quick Bump for Quick Updates

EDIT: Also could someone move this to Helheim?

Edited by AIMER

On 19/05/2020 at 8:30 AM, AIMER said:

Quick Bump for Quick Updates

EDIT: Also could someone move this to Helheim?

Moved to the Archer Guide section under Helheim.