Sign in to follow this  
digi

[Helheim] KA Sura by Digi

RIP, keyboard. RIP, mouse. RIP, fingers. Welcome to a (hopefully) brief lol guide to KA sura.

5d9d110e0edba_KA01_01.gif.99079ca66f0be4b02f17759559754422.gif

Not shown: GT Change Fix, Schmidt Insignia, Fighting God's Bandage, Temporal Circlet. Give me your Kiel.

PROs

-Incredibly high single target DPS. Can surpass non-unlimit rangers at equivalent equipment.

-KA and snap is fantastic for farming non-mobby, medium to high HP monsters.

-KA can be used without spirit spheres or fury, meaning dispel doesn’t cripple you as hard as a Tiger Cannon or Rampage Blaster build.

-Does not require 193 aspd. There’s hardly any animation on KA to reduce.

CONs

-Heavily dependent on having decent ping.

-Due to over-specializing in KA, other damage dealing options can be mediocre.

-Some monsters, especially those in Fortessa Pit, have wonky clickboxes and can cause you to KA towards them and initiate unwanted aggro or throw off your DPS.

-Without any SP drain equipment/pets, SP is consumed extremely fast.

-Despite doing ranged damage, KA causes you to be right next to the target the entire time, making you vulnerable to large damage monster skills that may come out with no notice.

-Knuckles have a 75% damage modifier against large sized monsters, meaning you’ll have to compensate.

-Monster uses agi up = ur fuk’d. Tiger Cannon becomes the only option available to you.

%ACD REDUCTION, PING, AND YOU

I personally run with 89% ACD reduction and it’s what I usually recommend to other people. I’ve also noted 86% being not too bad as well, and I’ll swap around between the two. The thing is, I have decent ping (assuming my flatmates aren’t streaming Netflix) so I’m able to spam KA rather well.

!!! High ping significantly affects how much you can spam KA. Almost to the point where KA may not be worth using !!!

If you usually have high ping, I recommend testing by stacking as much ACD reduction as you can, especially with Bragi, to about 89~90% and seeing how well you can spam the skill for yourself before going in deep for KA equipment.

STATS

STR    120 to combo with Brown Rat Card and Temporal STR Boots

AGI    Get total 100 agi, to be sleep immune

VIT    120 for more HP for survivability, and a stronger TC for clearing mobs/enemies that use agi up.

INT    90 or more for higher SP pool since KA spam takes a heavy toll on your SP. Also useful for faster TC cast time.

DEX    100 or more since KA still depends on hit for accuracy. Also useful for faster TC cast time.
LUK    3 luk = 1 atk. I usually go for about 90 luk.

Headgear (Top)

Racing Cap (Sura) [1] - Increases Knuckle Arrow damage by 110% with level 3 enchant and lowers SP cost by 5 with maxed out Raging Thrust (aka Combo Finish). Nigh irreplaceable for KA damage. Until OGH Challenge mode, anyway.

Temporal Circlet (Sura) [1] - At refine +12 it gives: +90 atk, +8% Max HP, +80% KA damage, +40% TC damage,  +15% Long Ranged damage, +5% Atk. Along with the new Temporal enchants plus Ambition enchant straight outta bio5, this will be a way better alternative to Racing Cap.

Headgear (Mid)

New Wave Sunglasses - 10% ACD reducs. The slotted version is a meme.

Victorious Wing Ears [1] - Optimal enchants are either +6% ACD, +3% ACD and +3% atk, or +3% Long Ranged Damage and +3% atk.  

Headgear (Lower)

Spiked Scarf - +30 atk, -2% MaxHP. Delicious Lollipop isn’t recommended because KA doesn’t need aspd.

Armor

Illusion Armor A-type [1] - Enchanted with 2x Power Module and ACD module. The best in both ACD and atk, at least till 17.2 Illusion armors + modules.

Weapon

Safety Knuckle [2] - At +12 it gives: +40 atk, +25% KA damage, 10% atk, chance to do +15% on all size for 10 seconds, 20% ACD reduction. Quite possibly the best weapon for KA. Unless… 

Fighting God’s Bandage [2] - At +12 with Chen’s Memory enchant gives: +48 atk, +68% KA damage, +8% Long Ranged Damage, and 7% ACD. Damage-wise, a massive upgrade to Safety Knuckle at the cost of 13% ACD. MIght be hard to justify losing all that ACD for stronger individual KAs.

Shield

Purified Knight’s Shield [1] - Gives 5% ACD with a host of other great defensive effects. Can also be enchanted with ignore boss DEF.

SHOULD I GET NULLIFY SIZE ENCHANT?

Because of the negative damage modifier on knuckle weapons, Nullify Size enchant may seem like an appealing enchant to have on your PKS to allow the use of Almighty Shadow Accessories for a maximum +20 to all stats, along with possible enchantments to atk or long ranged atk. That being said, KA does not scale with raw stats. Instead, I recommend getting Ignore Boss DEF enchant, combined with KA Shadow Shield + Sura Shadow Weapon, this gives 100% DEF pierce on bosses. Almighty Shadow Accesories can still be used to great effect against small or medium sized monsters but I recommend using Infinity Shadow Accessories for general use since the damage difference against small/medium is negligible.

Garment

Temporal STR Manteau [1] - At +12, it gives: 60 atk, +6% atk, +15% All Size damage. Enchanted with +15% ACD or as close to it as possible.

Shoes

Temporal STR Boots [1] - Preferably enchanted with Expert Archer and Bear Power. Bear Power actually works rather well for KA sura since you will be hit by monsters rather often, increasing the proc chance of Bear. With Strong enchant on Schmidt Insignia, gives +25% damage to all size as well. You can also use Hawkeye or Lucky Day for a more consistent proc rate of getting a bit of atk, but these enchants have rather useless Insignia combination effects.

Accessories

Illusion Boosters [1] - Can be enchanted with Expert Archer and Drain HP/SP Modules. Any other enchant doesn’t significantly benefit KA sura, aside from common rarity stat modules. 

Expert Ring [1] - Gives 5% ACD reduction. Generally not preferred due to losing out on the large damage modifiers on Illusion Boosters and the increased SP cost of skills will take a larger toll on your SP pool.

King Schmidt’s Strong Insignia [1] - +10% atk. The perfect enchants are Expert Archer 5 and Strong to combo with Bear Power.

Costume Equipment Stones

Sura Stone II (Garment) - +15% KA damage. 

Reload Stone (Upper, Mid, Lower) - Total of 5% ACD reducs on the full set or 1% ACD reducs each. If you don’t need the ACD, you can also go for

Champion Stone II (Upper, Middle, Lower) - +30% TC, +10% MaxHP.

Enhanced SP Absorb Stone (Upper) - 2% chance to absorb 1% damage as SP. Helps mitigate the massive SP drain while spamming KA.

Shadow Equipment

Knuckle Arrow Shadow Set (Armor, Shield, Shoes) - Gives 15% ACD reducs, the same as a full +9 Reload Shadow Set, and buffs KA, All Size and Long Ranged damage.

Sura Shadow Weapon - Combos with KA Shadow Shield to give up to 60% DEF pierce on all races. Also greatly shortens the CD on Rampage Blaster, making it decent at clearing trash mobs.

Infinity Shadow Earring & Pendant - Up to +4% Damage on All Size and nullify size penalty with total +15 refine rate. -or- 

Almighty Shadow Earring & Pendant - +20 to all stats. I generally prefer using Infinity for general use/MVPing. When going to Fortessa Pit or Bio5, I’ll use Almighty since Nullify Size will be useless.

Edited by digi
  • Like 1

RECOMMENDED CARDS

Headgear Top
    Purple Ferus

Headgear Mid
    Furious Hero
    Knocker

Armor
    Ghostring - When using Chaotic Ghostring on weapon
    Contaminated Raydric/Hardworking Pitman    - For some extra atk%
    Elemental Armor Cards - Special mention for Angeling or Bathory or even Ghostring again.

Weapon
    Chaotic Ghostring
    White Knight
    Abyssmal Knight
    Contaminated Wanderer
    Santa Poring + Black Acidus - For fighting Griefs in Fortessa Pit

Shield
    Khalitzburg Knight
    Alice

Garment
    Brown Rat

Shoes