Dusk

Wiki Changes

Wiki Changes  

96 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Seperate Helheim/Niflheim Wiki OR One Single Wiki with Niflheim Sections on necessary pages ?

• Seperate Helheim/Niflheim
    • One Wiki with Niflheim Sections
  2. 2. Which Template if One Wiki with Niflheim Sections ?

• Template 1 as shown on the post.
    • Template 2 as shown on the post.

We would like your opinion with two changes regarding Wiki.

1) Only one Wiki Page with Niflheim Only  contents in own section within the pages thats necessary, since most of the information is same and shared. 

For Example: Fortessa Dungeon, It will be https://www.shining-moon.com/helheim/index.php/Fortessa_Dungeon a page like this but there will be another content on the page which will be named Niflheim only for the Niflheim difference.

OR
Should we keep it as two separate pages with a main landing page where you have to pick Niflheim or Helheim wiki you want to access. 

2) Which template should we use if the poll result comes out to be ONLY ONE WIKI PAGE. 

First Template

niflheim.thumb.png.40e528c659ccde3f476823e9d65fc361.png

Second Template
helheim.thumb.png.bae18b77688b352a01bbbb5cb6cad5c9.png

• Like 1

i would like to have the wiki as up to date as possible, so for me the best one is the one that the actual wiki contributors like to work with more. the one with an easier workflow if it makes a difference.

i dont mind either layout. the only thing that sticks out as negative is the sidebar on layout 1, it's an overwhelming mess.

Single wiki is easier,  because you only edit one wiki and there is no copy paste the shared information onto the  other wiki.  Since you are only editing once, the other wiki doesn't get forgotten to be edited and etc.

For the template, Template 1 is the default  template of every wiki. Second one was made by  us. 

• Like 1

We are aware of the fact that the Wiki is missing  some of the patch information. The purpose of this poll is to decide which route we want to take with the wiki, so complete rework of it can be done.

Imo, a singular wiki would be best to ease the workflow into something less copy-pasty. With the Nif only caveat at the bottom.

Also, the 2nd pic looks so much better, but it would be nice if the topics on the left side bar would be incorporated in the 3 topic groups.

Lastly, it'd be nice, but not entirely necessary to have the database, or at least, the wiki topics linked to it indicate if it's Nif only or something.

But yeah, TLDR; 1 wiki, Nif only note somewhere there.

Edited by 11099941

27 minutes ago, 11099941 said:

Imo, a singular wiki would be best to ease the workflow into something less copy-pasty. With the Nif only caveat at the bottom.

Also, the 2nd pic looks so much better, but it would be nice if the topics on the left side bar would be incorporated in the 3 topic groups.

Lastly, it'd be nice, but not entirely necessary to have the database, or at least, the wiki topics linked to it indicate if it's Nif only or something.

But yeah, TLDR; 1 wiki, Nif only note somewhere there.

The topic  on the left side bar I  believe you mean from Template 1. 

If thats the  case on Template 2, those  are incorporated into the categories that is at the top of the  page.  Navigation, Server Feature, Other Useful. etc. 

For the Links, I am planning to add category at the end of each page and have like a book index you can go through  for easier access of information.  I am use I can  add  Niflheim tag to the pages that contains Niflheim information and sort it that way for category too, I have to play around with it.