Sign in to follow this  
Enepttastic

Costume Enchants

NOTE: Relevant as of 09/04/2019, if things change and I remember to update this, I'll change the date.

So, I keep hearing that costume enchanting in Nif is difficult to understand so lemme enlighten you.

Suggested reading: https://www.shining-moon.com/w/index.php/Costume_Enchants Has the information about the system as well as what enchants go on what gear slots. Not posting that here because using wikis to find things out is a useful thing to be in the habit of doing(potentially less useful on normal wikipedia depending on your impulse control).

Materials needed:

Junk costumes of the slot you want to enchant

1 million zeny per 1st enchant slot attempt.

1 enchant ore per 2nd enchant slot attempt. Obtainable from fortessa boxes, lucky 7, Moon Roulette(specialslot), World boss boxes, Fortuna's Light, Cash Shop, #trade.

Enchantment certificates. 5 are needed at minimum, 15 if you want enchants on a specific costume piece, 10 minimum if enchanting a garment, 20 if you want enchants on a specific garment.

Preferred costume to be enchanted if fashion is required.

Steps:

1. Open refinement UI, enchant junk costumes with zeny ONLY until you get the 1st slot enchantment you want, save it for step 4.

2. Use ores to enchant 2nd slot on costumes with junk enchants until you get the 2nd slot enchantment you desire. Repeat step 1(while saving good 1st slots if desired) if supply of trash enchanted costumes runs out.

3. Spend 5(10 if garment) certificates to transfer the good enchantment from step 1 to the costume piece with the good enchantment from step 2. You now have a costume with a good 1st slot and 2nd slot enchantment. Wear it or proceed to step 4.

3a. Take the costumes from 3 that end up with both enchants being bad and save them. You can use them and zeny to acquire costume stones via the Costume and Costume Class Dismantle boxes bought in the Special Boxes section of the Special Tool Dealer.

4. Spend 10 certificates to transfer the enchantments to the costume piece you want to wear. 

Refine UI can be opened by using any refining ores(oridecon/elunium/bradium/cardium) or going to Costume Manager Venir(@go office, left side, top npc of the four costume npcs).

Transferring is done at the above-mentioned Costume Manager Venir.

Example:

I want a Costume Poporing Cap with two HP enchantments that have at least 4k hp each.

Using junk top costumes I enchant using zeny until I get one with 4k hp or higher and I save that piece and we'll call it "Good 1."

Ignoring any pieces that have potentially useful enchantments, I proceed to enchant the refuse from the previous step with ores until I get one that has the 2nd enchantment slot at 4k hp or higher. This is now "Good 2."

I go to the Costume Manager Venir with 15 enchantment certificates. Using 5 I take the enchantment from Good 1 and put it on Good 2 which now has both 1st and 2nd slot enchantments I am happy with.

I repeat this process by spending 10 certificates to transfer both enchants from Good 2 onto my Costume Poporing Cap

I wear the Poporing cap and now have 8k+ additional hp and green sludge on my head. Go me...

Now, if I want to, I can then take the badly double-enchanted costumes and use them to get costume stones(normal or class) via the Costume and Costume Class Dismantle boxes bought in the Special Boxes section of the Special Tool Dealer.

Edited by Enepttastic
  • Like 3