Sign in to follow this  
d3rp

[WoE and BG] Call Storage skill and @storage command

Usage of Call Storage and the storage command in WoE and GvG  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to keep @storage command and "Call Storage" enabled in GvG and BG.

• Keep both command and skill ENABLED.
    • Disable @storage but leave Call Storage enabled.
    • Disable both.

Hello everyone (including the 3% who care about WoE)!

As of now the @storage command and the skill "Call Storage" are both enabled in WoE and BG and while @storage is disabled in PvP, the skill Call Storage is enabled (though I'm not including PvP as I think it's too fast paced that calling storage when being chased around the claustrophobic PvP room would be game breaking).

In my opinion at least having access to @storage from within a castle or inside a BG game is a bit too convenient as everyone would essentially be able to carry around unlimited supplies of pots and not have to worry about their weight, including during a fight (the command is very convenient since you can put it on a shortcut through alt+m). Previously people would have to come into the castle or a BG game prepared, but now they just get as much as they can carry and spam pots like there's no tomorrow (that's at least what I saw in WoE tonight, which is also what inspired me to create this poll).

My reason why we shouldn't leave Call Storage enabled either: Basically in WoE once a guild's castle gets attacked by a formidable foe the defending guild, assuming it successfully defended the castle, is likely to take a toll on each of the members' supplies inside their inventory. This is when people have to go back to town or bring a merchant into the castle with supplies or send someone back to get supplies for them etc. This could be a deciding moment for other opponents to take the oppurtunity and take the castle while the defending guild is running low on supplies. The Call Storage being enabled could be considered a QoL, however having to go through the hassle of resupplying through the means of opening a second client with a merchant full of supplies could still change the pace of the defending guild and ultimately affect the outcome.

I think it goes without saying that if we keep @storage enabled in both BG and WoE, people who are running low on potions and consumables can easily just run away from their enemy (of course depending on their class) and open storage quickly, same can be done with Call Storage but it's a bit less convenient than alt+m-ing @storage.

My question to you folk isDo you wish to keep @storage command and "Call Storage" enabled in GvG and BG.

I'm interested to see the results of the poll and to hear everyone's opinion on this matter

• Haha 1

I definately vote for disable both commands. There's no need to have them  enabled

There's no threat/gameplay at all if you can just refill no problem inside castle and it removes a ton of chances (or getting items from storage to repair barricades), considering also WoE in this oneshot meta is kinda ridiculous too. There are already a lot of QoL stuff like being able to use BG resources inside WoE or stuff, which makes not need to even farm the resources for the GvG, or even buy from market inside castle ?¿¿?¿? if you're in a high rush.

As for BG, besides not having BG community, i dont think there's even a problem in there, at least for now. But then it can make some BG rounds last forever like TDM or stuff.

Edited by Juanba
  • Like 1