Sign in to follow this  
Blank

Response to Patch 2018-09-30 skill massacre

Main suggestion: Disable the same status effect from affecting the player for 10 seconds after it ends. No cherry picking, all of em. No QQing on just specific skills.

If the previous suggestion won't be implemented, I'll comment on the banned list of skills one by one and give alternative suggestions if necessary.

Manhole
- This one's a problem, and the problem seems to be that it can lock someone permanently. My suggestion is to just disable being able to place adjacent to a player. This'll make it only castable outside range of players, needing users to predict movement to trap peeps. As for moving forward as a group, since it can't be used to instantly lock someone, just Land Protector the ones blocking your path. As for it ignoring Hover, should be fixable through skill_db and chainging the last field for Manhole itself.

Maelstrom
- I don't understand this one. It's a smaller, longer cooldown Land Protector. Should not be disabled.

Chaos Panic
- No issue. Are there people dumb enough to not carry Royal Jelly or heck, Panacea or Green Pots in WoE to remove old statuses? Should not be disabled.

Bloody Lust
- I see no issue here. It lasts 15 seconds and has a 3 whole minutes cooldown. We don't have enough active WoE SCs in the server (12) to make it last the whole 3 minutes back to back. Should not be disabled.

White Imprison
- Being repeatedly able to Imprison someone is an issue. Though it shouldn't be able to affect someone already Imprisoned thus needing to wait for it to end before reapplying just like Silvervine Root Twist, which somehow pass the ban list. It even has a cooldown and can't just root a whole castle back to back. Easily removed by Status Recovery from a Priest or Clearance from an AB. If it's disabled, should have a look at Silvervine Root Twist as well.

Cursed Circle
- Now this one's a problem since it's able to instantly lock down up to 15 people without any counters, especially since the user can snap at lightning speed across the battlefield. No actual alternative suggestion aside from my main suggestion above.

Wind Mill
- If it's disabled, should have a look at Moon Slasher as well. No actual alternative suggestion aside from my main suggestion above.

Thorn Trap
- Same deal as Manhole even with less of an effect. Alternative fix is to disable placement adjacent to players.

Deep Sleep Lullaby
- No actual alternative suggestion aside from my main suggestion above.

Oblivion Curse
- No issue. Just keeping Blessing up and getting 30 INT from food already reduces the success chance by 34%. If hit, Clearance should work fine.

Saturday Night Fever
- Same deal with Bloody Lust. 3 minutes cooldown, just 30 seconds effect duration. Heck it's even hindered by low success chance, 32% on a capped Performer. Even if he go overboard with INT, 200 INT just adds another 33% chance. Heck I don't even see what's so bad about the effects.

Other skills that were mentioned with issues in WoE/PVP
Neutral Barrier
- Skills that bypasses accuracy check should not miss e.g. Cart Cannon, Arm Cannon, Acid Demo etc.

Hover
- Should fix skill_db for it to ignore what it's supposed to ignore.

Makibishi
- It somehow lost its Ankle Snare effect here. It only stuns. Need fixing.

Edited by Blank
Can't find a way to add spoiler tags that works

Cursed Circle and Windmill

CC duration can't be refreshed, needs to be re-applied as soon as the duration ends, if Sura is dispelled CC is cancelled, I don't see why it needs to be disabled/messed with unless a guild decide to run 5~10 suras, which is unrealistic and as impractical as it can get.

Windmill also has a cd, /sit can be macro'ed, this is a quick get away skill for suras, why is this even disabled? 

Agreed.
/sit doesn't even have to be macroed. You can have it on a single key press since it has its own hotkey function. Mine is on F1 just for PVP/WoE/BG reasons.