Sign in to follow this  
Duff

Why do people run Thana9?

hi all,

penguin here

i saw people testing whether thana 9 or thana 10 was better yesterday w/ a party, so i decided to figure it out for you all

the results were unexpected

start w/ the mobbers in each level

9:

Plasma [5 / 5 sec]
Observation / Dame of Sentinel [5 / 5 sec]
Shelter / Mistress of Shelter [5 / 5 sec]

Retribution / Baroness of Retribution [5 / 5 sec]
Solace / Lady Solace [20 / 5 sec]
Thanatos Dolor / Dolor of Thanatos [1 / 5 sec]
Thanatos Dolor / Dolor of Thanatos [3 / 5 sec]
Elusive Lady Solace [2 / 5 min]

10:

Plasma [5 / 5 sec]
Observation / Dame of Sentinel [5 / 5 sec]
Shelter / Mistress of Shelter [5 / 5 sec]

Retribution / Baroness of Retribution [20 / 5 sec]
Solace / Lady Solace [5 / 5 sec]
Thanatos Maero / Maero of Thanatos [1 / 5 sec]
Thanatos Maero / Maero of Thanatos [3 / 5 sec]
Furious Baroness of Retribution [2 / 5 min]

Same are a wash, so strike them out,  the 4 minibosses operate exactly the same, so they are a wash too (their drop tables are identical, just different golbines stuff but you probably aren't even picking that up anyway, are you?)  the furious baron/solace have a negligible effect on wealth w/ their 5 min respawn time

So the question boils down to which mob is worth more zanels, lady solace or baron of retribution?

using the power of arithmetic i have solved this question for you

baron of retribution average kill is worth 3800 zanels

Ruby Red Feather Cursed Seal Stone of Sage
1 0.4 0.05 0.05
3000 667 666 10000
3000 266.8 33.3 500

lady of solace average kill is worth 1674 zanels

Garnet Blue Feather Cursed Seal Stone of Sage
1 0.2 0.05 0.05
1000 704 666 10000
1000 140.8 33.3 500

The results are clear, if you are in thana 9 farming you are a fool and a joker, thana 10 farming is the premium place to make zanels, i think thana 11 is actually even better but since we don't have a warp there it's a moot point.

but the skeptical reader says, penguin, you aren't even considering if you picked up the harps?  why aren't you picking up harps? they are worth a premium 31 thousand zanels, surely that makes lady of solace the correct mobber to hunt, okay fine we'll add in your harps

Garnet Blue Feather Cursed Seal Stone of Sage harps
1 0.2 0.05 0.05 0.05
1000 704 666 10000 31000
1000 140.8 33.3 500 1550

this makes it much closer, but baron still wins, also, selling harps is a pain in the neck, and the more time you stand next to the tool dealer, the less time you're picking up those sweet sweet gemmers

Conclusions:

1. If you're farming thana9 your a joke, and if I see ur party in game I will heckle you

2. Thanatos Dolor/Maero is worth 9373 zanels per kill, so it's probably worth killing them on sight instead of dragging them around in a big mob (assuming you can 1 shot them w/ something)

3. Thana11 is the best if you are limiting to looting stackable items

hopefully you find this useful, i'd rather rub my face on a grater than do thanos farming, but go farm those glorious zanels efficiently so you can buy my items

Edited by Duff
  • Like 2

I have done analysis on Thana 9 to see the true value of it.At the moment I did not really do any comparison but I can do Than9 and 10 comparison.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJ_7n0xuHYsfIKiWUKv6ESXj43YktlUV3enNq-9F7cw/edit?usp=sharing

You can check thana9 data here. Not sure if I should even go any further I never really shared this analysis with anyone. Cool to see someone else try to analyse what they are farming.

Edited by QQ111

nice spreadsheet, interesting that with the addition of overcharge & the full loot table instead of the limited table I was doing solace is higher than the baron.  do you normally loot just green or green + white on your table?  if green + white, dont you find that you have to go back more frequently and sell?  I guess maybe @storage but I find the non-stacking items such a pain to deal with.  break my hand clicking my mouse selling stuff to the tool dealer

You can warp to thana11 using @warp tha_t11, can't you? I've warped all the way to floor 12 w/ it.

Baronesses are honestly a lot easier to kill compared to Solaces as well. It's probably a non-issue if you oneshot everything regardless but personally, the less holy 3 mobs on a map the better.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:44 PM, Duff said:

nice spreadsheet, interesting that with the addition of overcharge & the full loot table instead of the limited table I was doing solace is higher than the baron.  do you normally loot just green or green + white on your table?  if green + white, dont you find that you have to go back more frequently and sell?  I guess maybe @storage but I find the non-stacking items such a pain to deal with.  break my hand clicking my mouse selling stuff to the tool dealer

I normally pick up Green + White + Garnet ( it depends on how many people are in the party if not a lot I pick it up, if it's full I ignore it ). My strategy on how to quickly drop stuff is this.
Ctrl+1 ( warp to geffen ) -> Storage (Hold Alt then click on item ) ->Ctrl+2 (warp to thana9) 

Another thing is - I might actually do Thana10 evaluation to see the true value of that map.

My Mistress of shelter calculation:

Pearl Red Feather Cursed Seal Stone of Sage Skull
1 0.2 0.051 0.05 1
3000 667 666 10000 522
3000 133.4 33.966 500 522

Observation calculation:

Topaz Red Feather Cursed Seal Stone of Sage Golden Ornament
1 0.5 0.1 0.1 0.1
3000 704 666 10000 953
3000 352 66.6 1000 95.3

which makes me like thanos11 the best, with the caveat of you're only picking up stackable items.  if you are picking up harps, thana9 gets a big boon, i just feel like that's more hassle than it's worth. if elizabeths warp trick works we should all do thanos 11

thanos12 is worth testing, im skeptical because there are less mobs overall, but that's making the assumption that you can get the entire map in a state where everything is on respawn cooldown (which i haven't seen on thana9).  if you CANT get everything on respawn cooldown constantly, you have a higher diamond demon ratio in thana12 (still 4, even tho it's smaller so you will find them and kill them faster) and observation is the biggest moneymaker for stackable items.

as of this post I'm liking thana11/12 the best

Edited by Duff

There are couple of problems with every thanatos floor aside from 10
Thana 9 - Agi Down
Thana 10 - Everything is good
Thana 11 - Thanatos Despero has AGI up makes him hard to kill
Thana 12 - Thanatos Odium has a root + he is ranged makes him really annoying to kill sometimes

Also another thing I was sort of debating about is the map structure and map size ( even though all of them are small some are bigger than the other one ). And seems like at the moment the most optimal one is Thanatos 10 since it is "S" shaped and is probably the easiest route you can take.

Did a quick one on Thana 10

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17FBNtnzYVjDuDYC8URAj9NUuwPsjapV4FWVRwOYvWG8/edit?usp=sharing

Will probably fix a thing or 2 later on also updated the Thana 9 there were some miscalculations.

Thana 9 = 364,114
vs
Thana 10 = 368,573

That is the summery , the main downside is the weight of Goib Armor. Too low price for the weight of it makes it really inefficient to pick up especially in a 12/12 party

Edited by QQ111

Good stuff, thanks for providing the data do you normally solo it or run w/ a party?  It seems like because of the way party looting works on shining moon doing a zone strategy w/ 12 people (everyone just stands in place and kills what spawns on them) would be most efficient.  thana 12 might be even better in this regard since it would be easiest to get coverage on the full map.

9 hours ago, Duff said:

Good stuff, thanks for providing the data do you normally solo it or run w/ a party?  It seems like because of the way party looting works on shining moon doing a zone strategy w/ 12 people (everyone just stands in place and kills what spawns on them) would be most efficient.  thana 12 might be even better in this regard since it would be easiest to get coverage on the full map.

Tried Thana12 before, but the map is deceptively larger than the other floors with less spawns per wave. 

Thanatos Odium is also kind of infuriating to fight due to ranged attacks and his ability to root you. It's just a bad floor 

zone strategies would technically work if it weren't for the need to either warp out to heal and/or use storage, which leaves deadtime with kills regardless. Considering it's a smaller map it'd just  be better to have highly mobile characters cover as much ground as possible.

• Like 1