Sign in to follow this  
Alets

Hero Ticket Drop

DROP RAISE  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Raise the drop?

• Yes, raise the drop.
    • No, keep it as now.

As the tittle suggest, I would like to propose to raise a little the drop on hero tickets.
This is my suggestion: 

0.05% Nightmare / 0.1 Hell / 0.3% Purgatory for NORMAL moobs

0.5% Nightmare / 1% Hell / 3% Purgatory for BOSSES

Edited by Alets

Hero LT is a endstage gear, so it would be better not to increase ticket drop rate.

No one force u to choose hero LT.

If we increase ticket drop rate, how about increase chance to get armor reform LT and reduce the cost of weapon reform LT so all new player can get endstage gear hero LT like u??

1 hour ago, lostinfear said:

Hero LT is a endstage gear, so it would be better not to increase ticket drop rate.

No one force u to choose hero LT.

If we increase ticket drop rate, how about increase chance to get armor reform LT and reduce the cost of weapon reform LT so all new player can get endstage gear hero LT like u??

You're making an irrelevant comparison which derails the point of the topic. Just because people want to raise the % drop rate of one item doesn't mean that everything else needs to be raised or that they want everything else raised too. 

How does choosing an item have anything to do with having an opinion or suggestion for that item? Your argument there is that because we aren't forced to do it that he doesn't get to have a suggestion/opinion on the matter? Yikes, that's almost similar to saying you aren't forced to play RO so just leave if you don't like it.

Hero LT is a end-stage gear already gated behind custom content and then we gate other parts of its upgrade process behind more custom content. It is redundant and boring.

To get the armor modification boots, you have to get a somewhat competent group of people together and then farm fortessa content for a slim chance at the box. Then you have to spend like 1 billion zeny in value to upgrade it and grade it. 

• Armor Mod Box = RNG drop, tough custom content
  • Upgrading, Grading = 1b Zeny (a lot of farming, if unlucky, even more)
  • Farming enchant ticket at 0.05% and 0.25%  rates in an instance that you maybe run 3~5 times a day.
    • (Better than MVP card rates but let's not confuse the value to the player between MVP cards and the enchant ticket LMAO)
  • Whatever the % chance of getting the mods you need on top of that.

Is this actually fun for you guys? Is anyone on this server confident enough to think the majority of the population actually thinks this is fun to do? Like actually ask the 100s of players here their on SMRO their opinion.

I agree with the suggestion it should be improved, I don't know what the numbers should be but it should be improved. It's just not fun looking at our current numbers. Not every little thing has to be a monotonous grind.

IMHO, it should be about fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, AIMER said:

You're making an irrelevant comparison which derails the point of the topic. Just because people want to raise the % drop rate of one item doesn't mean that everything else needs to be raised or that they want everything else raised too. 

How does choosing an item have anything to do with having an opinion or suggestion for that item? Your argument there is that because we aren't forced to do it that he doesn't get to have a suggestion/opinion on the matter? Yikes, that's almost similar to saying you aren't forced to play RO so just leave if you don't like it.

Hero LT is a end-stage gear already gated behind custom content and then we gate other parts of its upgrade process behind more custom content. It is redundant and boring.

To get the armor modification boots, you have to get a somewhat competent group of people together and then farm fortessa content for a slim chance at the box. Then you have to spend like 1 billion zeny in value to upgrade it and grade it. 

• Armor Mod Box = RNG drop, tough custom content
  • Upgrading, Grading = 1b Zeny (a lot of farming, if unlucky, even more)
  • Farming enchant ticket at 0.05% and 0.25%  rates in an instance that you maybe run 3~5 times a day.
    • (Better than MVP card rates but let's not confuse the value to the player between MVP cards and the enchant ticket LMAO)
  • Whatever the % chance of getting the mods you need on top of that.

Is this actually fun for you guys? Is anyone on this server confident enough to think the majority of the population actually thinks this is fun to do? Like actually ask the 100s of players here their on SMRO their opinion.

I agree with the suggestion it should be improved, I don't know what the numbers should be but it should be improved. It's just not fun looking at our current numbers. Not every little thing has to be a monotonous grind.

IMHO, it should be about fun.

Yikes. Looks like u lack of understanding about market price and stability stuff can make RO fun too.

Go on then.

• Like 1

market's been volatile to begin with, it will adapt. Also I'm not sure I understand how making rng more accessible for everyone is a bad thing.

• Like 1

To begin with, this idea will shut down more market segments that farmers are supplying and getting zeny from. Etel market is the perfect example. Furthermore, as stated before Hero LT combo is an endgame gear. Thus, it is acceptable if it is hard to get and even more to get a perfect enchant on it. If you feel that it is too hard to acquire then you probably are not ready either mentally or economically for it. You are not forced to advance to hero LT combo right here and now, you can do so little by little. 

Also, the item in question is already accessible to everyone. You only have to farm the said instances or if you don't like farming them, you can buy them from people who actually enjoy farming and getting zeny from it. Fun is relative.

9 minutes ago, meoniter01 said:

To begin with, this idea will shut down more market segments that farmers are supplying and getting zeny from. Etel market is the perfect example. Furthermore, as stated before Hero LT combo is an endgame gear. Thus, it is acceptable if it is hard to get and even more to get a perfect enchant on it. If you feel that it is too hard to acquire then you probably are not ready either mentally or economically for it. You are not forced to advance to hero LT combo right here and now, you can do so little by little. 

Also, the item in question is already accessible to everyone. You only have to farm the said instances or if you don't like farming them, you can buy them from people who actually enjoy farming and getting zeny from it. Fun is relative.

You can't compare a map where you can sit for hours with BBG and EVENT to a script drop where you have a limited ammount of mobs and limited entrance like an INSTANCE.

• Thanks 2

Yes of course it is different, but there are actually people that run the instance multiple times to farm it. The point is, people running the instance because there is a chance to make decent zeny out of it.

The system right now is already easy enough with the increased drop rate of etel dust, why would you want to make it even easier? RO is supposed to be grindy and you may be bored from it, but since we are in a private server, i think this level of grind is acceptable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lostinfear said:

Yikes. Looks like u lack of understanding about market price and stability stuff can make RO fun too.

Go on then.

Ah yes, go right to my understanding of the market. I am TOTALLY NOT one of those billionaire zeny hoarders on the server who makes a ridiculous amount of more zeny just buying things lower and then selling them way higher when the time is just right. /s

Please do explain to me how the % drop rate of this one particular item is going to have any notable effect on the market. 

• Does the price of the Hero Enchant Ticket drop? Sure, probably. Is it going to tank the value? No lol. You could double the drop rate and it wouldn't cut the value is half. If you think that's the outcome you've never taken a probability and statistics class.
  • Does anyone actually think that farming Hero Enchant Tickets is an efficient method for making zeny? I doubt it, you'd be ignoring Sarah's/HTF rotations which is guaranteed zeny.
  • Do people find farming this particular item fun? Yeah probably a minority group, still has no impact on the market lol.

I'm starting to assume you think that some sort of trend is going to happen if we go this route. We're talking about one specific change, don't get all scared that we're going to voice our thoughts on every item in existence.

The market argument is mute and anyone that thinks the Hero Enchant Ticket is a large portion of the market refuses to even entertain any thought except their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meoniter01 said:

Yes of course it is different, but there are actually people that run the instance multiple times to farm it. The point is, people running the instance because there is a chance to make decent zeny out of it.

The system right now is already easy enough with the increased drop rate of etel dust, why would you want to make it even easier? RO is supposed to be grindy and you may be bored from it, but since we are in a private server, i think this level of grind is acceptable. 

Again invalid example if you put "etel dust" in it, compare to another script dropeable and we can argue.

I do agree we can raise the rates, but as someone said already, it could be better to raise purga drops and not necessarily raise them on Nightmare and Hell.
This way we should have more room for purga instances and more value added to them, which could improve the odds of finding people to play the higher-end content.

If by any chance the market turns out to be a problem, just make the item account bound (although I also agree the market is fine by itself and will adapt to everything we do)

Yea i hope we can inscrease ticket's drop rate, if someone said it supposes to be extreme hard bc "end-game gear", then inscrease only in Purga (end-game content) and make it bound.

Edited by maxime94
  • Like 1

To be honest, this entire thing is pointless with the next kRO patch.

All tickets for enchant UI becomes the same and you can exchange all tickets into the same ticket