|First Class||Transcendent First Class|
|Swordman||Mage||Archer||Merchant||Thief||Acolyte||High First Class|
|First Class||Second Class (2-1)||Second Class (2-2)||Transcendent Second Class (2-1)||Transcendent Second Class (2-2)||Third Class (3-1)||Third Class (3-2)|
|Swordman||Knight||Crusader||Lord Knight||Paladin||Rune Knight||Royal Guard|
|Thief||Assassin||Rogue||Assassin Cross||Stalker||Guillotine Cross||Shadow Chaser|
|Acolyte||Priest||Monk||High Priest||Champion||Arch Bishop||Sura|
|TaeKwon Kid||Ninja||Gunslinger||Super Novice|
|Soul Linker||TaeKwon Master||Kagerou||Oboro||Rebel|
In Ragnarok Online, a character's abilities and skills are defined by their class (also known as job). Characters start out as Novices (except Doram race), then once they reach Job Level 10 they can choose between a variety of first job classes. After attaining Job Level 40 (or higher for more skill points) they can then change to a second class job, either 2-1 or 2-2.
Once the character has reached Base Level 99 and Job Level 50 as a second class, they can choose to transcend and start the process again, being rewarded with a more powerful, transcendent character. It is always recommended to transcend, unless the character is a Baby class, which cannot transcend. See the Transcendent Article for more information.
A 2-1 or 2-2 regular or transcendent character can then chose to change to a third class, which breaks the level 99 barrier. The current maximum base and job level for third classes are 175 and 60.
Alternatively, from Novice, players can choose to become the ultimate Novice, the Super Novice, or explore one of the Expanded classes.
- Once a character has chosen their second class job, they will not be able to choose another job path even after transcending. E.g., after a Swordman chooses the Knight path, and the Knight transcends, they must become a Lord Knight and cannot become a Paladin or any other class.
- A character can also only become the third class with the same base. E.g., a Lord Knight can only become a Rune Knight and not a Royal Guard.
- Stats and Skills are only reset once during the transcending / rebirth process. The character would have to use a stat reset / skill reset for any other circumstances.
- The job changes process can be confusing. An example of the general path is as follows:
- Start off as Novice
- Reach job level 10
- Choose a first class (Swordsman)
- Reach job level 40-50
- Choose a second class (Knight)
- Reach base level 99
- Rebirth (transcend)
- Now a base level 1 job level 1 High Novice (all stats and skills are reset)
- Reach job level 10
- Job change to the same first class (High Swordsman)
- Reach job level 40-50 (50 always recommended - except double dagger crit Assassin builds Max:Job 42)
- Job change to the same transcendent class (Lord Knight)
- Reach base level 99 and job level 50-70 (70 always recommended)
- Job change to the third class job (Rune Knight)
- The character may now level up to base level 175 and job level 60
State of Classes in Shining Moon RO
Shining Moon RO strives to be as up to date as possible when it comes to the latest kRO improvements and balance changes for character classes. Below is a checklist of what we do and don't have in terms of these updates:
- kRO's March 2013 Level 175/60 3rd Class Expansion, new skills and rebalances
- kRO's April 2017 Runestone Improvements for Rune Knight.
- Partial implementation of kRO's April 2017 Madogear Improvements for Mechanic
- Consumables, etc. items, and Overheat Counter unimplemented.
- kRO's October 2017 Homunculus Improvements for Geneticist.
- Partial implementation of kRO's October 2017 Shadow Spell improvements for Shadow Chaser
- The autocast skill levels for Shadow Spell is still 5 max instead of 7.
- Expanded Super Novice class.
- Doram's Summoner class and expanded skills.
- kRO's May 2016 Rebellion Awakening and level 175/60 expansion for Rebellion, Kagerou and Oboro.
- kRO's December 2016 Multi-hit Critical update for Double Attack, Triple Attack, Fear Breeze, Chain Action and Eternal Chain.
Custom Shining Moon RO Changes
On top of the mix of iRO, jRO and kRO itemizations, there are also several differences and changes made in order to bring out more builds and possibilities for each classes. The purpose of these changes are to ensure competitiveness and improved playability of lower tier classes. These includes:
- Base Level and ASPD: The base level cap for all classes had been raised to 175. For classes like Taekwons, you simply have to continue killing monsters at level 99 and you will eventually level up past the traditional hard cap. The same is true for ASPD, with all classes having an ASPD cap of 193. kRO Renewal ASPD formula still applies.
- Baby Classes: Baby classes in Shining Moon RO are just equally as strong as their adult counterparts. Baby classes no longer have any penalties in terms of stats and skills, and can rebirth to obtain transcendence skills.
- Magic Critical: Any magical part of a skill or full magical skill have a chance to be a critical attack now and increasing its attack by 40%. It uses the original rate for critical calculation. Meaning you'll need some luck and/or critical chance equipment for more regular critical hits. Note that you can use Critical Damage % gears and cards which will further increase the critical damage. However, these bonuses are halved for magic damage.
- Halved Cast Delay: The base cast delay of every skill in the game are halved from the official values. This made almost all builds feel more fast paced, and placed several skills into viable tier. Note that halving the base cast delay is not equal to giving players -50% cast delay. This means that players still need to achieve 100% cast delay in order to fully remove cast delay of skills (Example: Triangle Shot now has 0.25 seconds cast delay instead of 0.5 seconds; equipping a Kiel-D-01 Card for -30% cast delay will reduce the cast delay to 0.175 seconds instead of 0.1 seconds). Skill cooldowns were not reduced.
- Full Variable Cast Time for Pre-3rd Class Skills : The cast time of almost all non-3rd Class skills had been changed to be fully variable, with the fixed portion converted to variable cast time so that the total cast time is still maintained. However, these skills still follow Renewal Cast Time mechanics. This is to rectify the unfair fixed cast time given to pre-3rd Class skills when a lot of the stronger 3rd Class skills had their fixed cast time drastically reduced and even removed over the course of several kRO balance changes. The change allows more skills and builds such as Magnus Exorcismus and Focused Arrow Strike to be used while preserving the power-levels of 3rd Class skills.